This is the very first episode of a new podcast series dedicated to gaming and technology known as the ‘Game & Gadget Podcast’. For our first episode, we are covering the recent announcement of the new Xbox One console revealed by Microsoft.
It is my aim to have a bunch of guests from various gaming and technology websites within each episode, discussing the latest developments while dipping into retro nostalgia.
For our first edition, please welcome Marty Greenwell – writer, editor and new podcast host at ConsoleMonster.com, Peter Willington – Handheld Editor & Community Manager at PocketGamer.co.uk and Ken Barnes – Editor at PureXbox.com.
- Overall presentation style compared to PS4 announcement
- The name ‘Xbox One’ discussion
- The look of the actual console hardware
- The console specifications
- Still confusion over used games and ‘always on’ – Xbox FAQ
- Xbox One HDD is non-removable, supports external USB storage
- Xbox One lets you save and restart your game at any point
- Smart Match and recording & sharing of gameplay
- Expanded Achievements
- The new Kinect that is now a standard feature with Xbox One
- The updated controller features
- No backwards compatibility for retail titles or Xbox Live Arcade purchases and Xbox 360 controllers not supported, but will allow media transfers
We hope you enjoy the podcast.